When: Wed. Oct. 17
- First seminar from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. for ages 5 to 10
- Second seminar from 7 pm. to 8:30 p.m. for ages 11 and up
Where: AA Nursing Building of Florida Southwestern State College (8099 College Parkway)
- Find the next high tide time for your beach community
- WHERE TO REGISTER TO VOTE IN SWFL
- Milling and paving of all lanes on N. Collier from the bridges to Bluebird Ave will occur during the hours specified below for the next two weeks – weather permitting: Southbound onto Island 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Northbound off Island 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Suggest alternative route SR92 (San Marco Rd).
- Where to contact lawmakers and school board members about radon testing:
CHARLOTTE COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
LEE COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
- FWC Nuisance Alligator Hotline 866-392-4286
- Collier one-cent sales surtax
- Map of skimmers found in SWFL
- Recall of Ground Chuck at Publix - Voluntary recall issued due to possible E. Coli contamination.
- Publix ground chuck recall
-EMERGENCY LOANS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES IMPACTED BY RED TIDE -- LOANS UP TO $50K AVAILABLE TO SMALL BUSINESSES IN LEE, CHARLOTTE AND COLLIER COUNTIES. THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS OCTOBER 12.
- Threshold Choir
- Southwest Florida Care Fund
- City of Palms youth choir will host their auditions from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at First Note Music on Del Prado Boulevard in Cape Coral. Kids from 3rd grade to 12th grade are eligible to audition.
- Best Bathroom in America Contest
- Free Parking At Legoland
- Businesses Work With Red Tide
- Submit your Story2Share idea
- Small Business Emergency Loan -(Charlotte County businesses affected by red tide)
- Red Dot Program? -- Red Dot Program Provides First Responders with Medical Information During Emergencies; Registration is Free
- Red Tide Beach Cleanup
- Lee County updates on algae response
- Miller’s Ale House, Fort Myers will host raffles, Thursday, August 2 – 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Fort Myers Miracle will host a fundraiser at their Thursday night 8/2 game. $1 of every ticket will go to the Miller family.
- The Laboratory Theatre of Florida will dedicate their Friday night 8/3 show “It’s Only a Play” to Officer Jobbers-Miller and ask for donations for the Miller family. Showtime is 8 p.m.
- Moody River Grille North Fort Myers will host a charity dinner and card tournament Saturday 8/4 from 5 -11 p.m.
- Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, Sanibel will donate a portion of sales from Tuesday, August 7 through Saturday, August 11.
- Stu’s Motorcycles and the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group, Ft. Myers will host a benefit ride Sunday August 12 starting at 8:00 a.m.
- Nauti Parrot Dock Bar, Fort Myers Beach – Every Tuesday in August during Drag Queen Bingo 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- The Bell Tower Shoppes will host a benefit concert for the family of Officer Jobbers-Miller on 8/23 from 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Voter registration hotline 1-866-308-6739 or email OVRsupport@dos.myflorida.com.
- Tight Lines For Logan
- Amazon Prime Day Donation
- DEP algal bloom testing
- Hundreds of students will receive the essential supplies they need ahead of the new school year thanks to the Lipman Family Farms Backpack Giveaway and Back to School Event. The 7th annual event is expected to draw over 2,000 attendees on Saturday, Aug. 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Immokalee High School Football field at 701 Immokalee Drive.
- Back-to-school drive
-TOW TO GO
- Send your comments and concerns about the U.S Army Corps of Engineers' Lake O proposal here > mailto:EAAReservoir@usace.army.mil
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is coming up with a way to fight the discharge into the Caloosahatchee from Lake Okeechobee releases. As John Campbell from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers explains, the E.A.A. reservoir would hold excess water and decrease the amount sent to the Caloosahatchee.
- Summer Feeding Kickoff
- Free meals for kids during the summer
- If you want to see whether a nursing home you or a loved one is living in is in compliance with new state laws, click this link. New laws require permanent generators be installed in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Facilities have until June 1st.
- If you have any property damaged by a construction crew working on the Cape Coral utilities expansion project, call 833-CAPEUEP (227-3837)
- Report bufo toads to FWC
- Wildfire action guide
- Earthtime interactive map
Registration has opened strong for the final Galloway Captiva Triathlon, which has sold out every year since its 2011 inception and is limited to 750 participants for the Sunday adult sprint event. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Community Cooperative's Healthy School Pantry program.
- LEE COUNTY WATERING SCHEDULE
- SE 47th Terrace Streetscape Project
- Fort Myers Film Festival
- Florida Unclaimed Property
- Susan G. Komen Southwest Florida
- Keep Collier Schools Safe
- How to track sex offenders
- WATCH STARMAN DISAPPEAR
LIVE EVENT STARTS AT 7:15 A.M.
- Check to see if you have any unclaimed money:
- Tax identity theft awareness week
- Blood donations to the Red Cross
- FOP Naples
- Charlotte County Cold Weather Shelter open Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Thursday at 1476 Kenesaw Street in Port Charlotte.
- Updated 2018 withholding tables
- Blood donations to the Red Cross
- Takata recall information
- HP battery recall
- North Port mystery gifts
- Tax Bill Calculator
- Child & Toddler Mattress Recall
- Lee County schools open enrollment
- Hurricane Irma Recovery Information
- Forever Family info
- GoFundMe for Kennya Gonzalez Ojeda
- AAA Tow to Go
-Win a baby contest
- BMW recall (pdf)
- LeeTran Downtown Trolley service
- FGUA Customer Service
- Edison Park Trunk or Treat info
- D-SNAP - Disaster food assistance program for Irma victims for Lee/Collier counties
- Begins 10/26 - 10/31 at overflow parking lot at RSW on Chamberlin Parkway
- Cape Coral Climate Change Resiliency Strategy - once you get to the webpage, scroll to the bottom and click "resiliency plan"
- Fisher-Price is recalling about 63,000 infant motion seats in the U.S. due to a fire hazard after 36 reports of the product overheating.
- Doug Baker polygraph results
- NASA virtual exploration
Copyright 2017 WBBH/WZVN (Waterman Broadcasting). All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
Murder charge for grandmother after toddler found in oven
The death of a 20-month-old girl found stabbed and burned inside an oven of a Mississippi Delta home led to a murder charge Tuesday against the child’s grandmother, authorities said.
Witnesses: Person drove by in truck, fired gun at Fort Myers home
Multiple police cars are currently surrounding a home in the Franklin Park neighborhood of Fort Myers.
4 owners caught buying seafood from unlicensed dealer in last week
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is conducting operations to catch people selling and buying saltwater seafood commercially without a license.
Man attacked by dog while taking a walk in Cape Coral
A Cape Coral man who was bitten by a dog while walking his own pup is the latest victim in a long line of animal bite reports in Lee County this year.
Search is on for missing Cape Coral teen
Zackary James Busenbark, 15, jumped out of his dad's moving car and ran away around 7:45 Monday evening in 1100 block of SW 23rd Street.
Feeling lucky? Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots combined are now more than $1.2 BILLION
Good people of America, the dream is still alive.
Man found with cocaine, stolen handgun in Cape Coral
Police stopped a 42-year-old man driving with a suspended license Monday and found drugs and a stolen handgun in his car.
First child in Florida has died of flu this season, state reports
By Susan Scutti, CNN
Disney raises annual pass costs as new ticket price structure debuts
Disney World has raised the price of parking and annual passes on the same day a new date-based ticket system was launched.
Crews put out fire at Fort Myers apartment complex
At least four fire trucks and an ambulance were seen around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday night at The Village of Cedarbend apartments on Cedarbend Drive.