- Red Tide Beach Cleanup
- Lee County updates on algae response
- Miller’s Ale House, Fort Myers will host raffles, Thursday, August 2 – 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Fort Myers Miracle will host a fundraiser at their Thursday night 8/2 game. $1 of every ticket will go to the Miller family.
- The Laboratory Theatre of Florida will dedicate their Friday night 8/3 show “It’s Only a Play” to Officer Jobbers-Miller and ask for donations for the Miller family. Showtime is 8 p.m.
- Moody River Grille North Fort Myers will host a charity dinner and card tournament Saturday 8/4 from 5 -11 p.m.
- Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, Sanibel will donate a portion of sales from Tuesday, August 7 through Saturday, August 11.
- Stu’s Motorcycles and the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group, Ft. Myers will host a benefit ride Sunday August 12 starting at 8:00 a.m.
- Nauti Parrot Dock Bar, Fort Myers Beach – Every Tuesday in August during Drag Queen Bingo 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- The Bell Tower Shoppes will host a benefit concert for the family of Officer Jobbers-Miller on 8/23 from 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Voter registration hotline 1-866-308-6739 or email OVRsupport@dos.myflorida.com.
- Tight Lines For Logan
- Amazon Prime Day Donation
- DEP algal bloom testing
- Hundreds of students will receive the essential supplies they need ahead of the new school year thanks to the Lipman Family Farms Backpack Giveaway and Back to School Event. The 7th annual event is expected to draw over 2,000 attendees on Saturday, Aug. 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Immokalee High School Football field at 701 Immokalee Drive.
- Back-to-school drive
-TOW TO GO
- Send your comments and concerns about the U.S Army Corps of Engineers' Lake O proposal here > mailto:EAAReservoir@usace.army.mil
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is coming up with a way to fight the discharge into the Caloosahatchee from Lake Okeechobee releases. As John Campbell from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers explains, the E.A.A. reservoir would hold excess water and decrease the amount sent to the Caloosahatchee.
- Summer Feeding Kickoff
- Free meals for kids during the summer
- If you want to see whether a nursing home you or a loved one is living in is in compliance with new state laws, click this link. New laws require permanent generators be installed in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Facilities have until June 1st.
- If you have any property damaged by a construction crew working on the Cape Coral utilities expansion project, call 833-CAPEUEP (227-3837)
- Report bufo toads to FWC
- Wildfire action guide
- Earthtime interactive map
Registration has opened strong for the final Galloway Captiva Triathlon, which has sold out every year since its 2011 inception and is limited to 750 participants for the Sunday adult sprint event. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Community Cooperative's Healthy School Pantry program.
- LEE COUNTY WATERING SCHEDULE
- SE 47th Terrace Streetscape Project
- Fort Myers Film Festival
- Florida Unclaimed Property
- Susan G. Komen Southwest Florida
- Keep Collier Schools Safe
- How to track sex offenders
- WATCH STARMAN DISAPPEAR
LIVE EVENT STARTS AT 7:15 A.M.
- Check to see if you have any unclaimed money:
- Tax identity theft awareness week
- Blood donations to the Red Cross
- FOP Naples
- Charlotte County Cold Weather Shelter open Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Thursday at 1476 Kenesaw Street in Port Charlotte.
- Updated 2018 withholding tables
- Blood donations to the Red Cross
- Takata recall information
- HP battery recall
- North Port mystery gifts
- Tax Bill Calculator
- Child & Toddler Mattress Recall
- Lee County schools open enrollment
- Hurricane Irma Recovery Information
- Forever Family info
- GoFundMe for Kennya Gonzalez Ojeda
- AAA Tow to Go
-Win a baby contest
- BMW recall (pdf)
- LeeTran Downtown Trolley service
- FGUA Customer Service
- Edison Park Trunk or Treat info
- D-SNAP - Disaster food assistance program for Irma victims for Lee/Collier counties
- Begins 10/26 - 10/31 at overflow parking lot at RSW on Chamberlin Parkway
- Cape Coral Climate Change Resiliency Strategy - once you get to the webpage, scroll to the bottom and click "resiliency plan"
- Fisher-Price is recalling about 63,000 infant motion seats in the U.S. due to a fire hazard after 36 reports of the product overheating.
- Doug Baker polygraph results
- NASA virtual exploration
Copyright 2017 WBBH/WZVN (Waterman Broadcasting). All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
New Mexico compound suspects were on a violent mission, prosecutors say. But the defense sees it differently.
An attorney for Siraj Wahhaj said he has seen no evidence to support the allegation that his client's children were being trained on a New Mexico compound to carry out school shootings.
Scamming salesman tries to break into Lehigh home
A door-to-door sales pitch turned sketchy after a woman caught the salesman trying to enter her home.
Teen on crash that killed friend: ‘I wish it was me instead of her’
Christina Pavon-Baker, 17, is charged with first-degree vehicular homicide in the death of Mikayla Penn, 18.
Teen girl killed nephew, hid him in her room for over a day
A Denver teen is facing charges for killing her 7-year-old nephew because she was upset with the boy for laying on her bed and refusing to leave her room after he asked her to play video games with him.
Cape bar owner refuses to show NFL games
A restaurant owner in Cape Coral is taking a hard stance. He said he refused to play the NFL at his business.
SWFL Top 5 High School football players to watch: Seneca Milledge
Day two of our countdown of the top five players to watch in Southwest Florida takes us to Dunbar High School.
Hope & Innovation: How one local company is tackling the water crisis
Each morning in Southwest Florida, hope rises with the sun. Hope that the water crisis is over.
Teen says she was raped at Florida resort
Authorities in Daytona Beach Shores said Monday that Nelson Hernandez Garcia of Woodstock, Georgia is charged with sexual battery.
Man spanks hippo at Los Angeles Zoo
The Los Angeles Police Department confirms they got a report of trespassing at the zoo, and they are investigating.
Cape Coral man celebrates birthday with $1M scratch-off win
The Florida Lottery announced that Robert Mulroy of Cape Coral claimed a $1 million prize.